red rocks last night

June 16, 2013

redrocks

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Karen June 16, 2013 at 10:55 am

I love this song. They have left out some of the lyrics in some recent performances. Maybe they did it complete last night, and maybe we’ll find out here.

2 JackieinCT June 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Love that 2006 video. Thank you so much! I feel like a missed out on something special at Red Rocks, so the posts are helping, until the next great show I can make!

3 alyssa June 16, 2013 at 4:29 pm

oh wow they begn the set with Stop the Bus, that means that they meant business!
I’m sure the show was great! The Red Rocks shows usually are I mean I’ve seen the 2011 gig (the one where they opened for the Avett Brothers, not Kenny Chesney) so many times now that it feels like I was there.
Red Rocks is definitely a bucket list venue! maybe one day I will go…maybe when GPN is headlining Red Rocks (I believe that was one of Gracie’s dreams/goals (career wise) right? right along with playing at SNL :P )

4 alyssa June 16, 2013 at 4:35 pm

@karen I believe they sometimes leave out the third verse. I believe they do it like this:
intro
verse
verse
chorus
guitar solo
chorus
outro

so sometimes they cut “You give me something to remember
Each time you look into my eyes
You see through my trouble and my temper
And you call me out on every lie”

5 Karen June 16, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Alyssa: I would love to go to Red Rocks too, but have zero expectation of it ever happening.
That verse you mention is my favorite one. :(

6 WACKISCOTT June 17, 2013 at 10:20 am

Was at RED ROCKS for the GPN show Saturday!!! WOW was fantastic!! best venue ever!! the beauty and the best babnd in the land made the trip from MICHIGAN well worth it !! I loved the new live DEVILS TRAIN , it rocked out the crowd !!

7 dannygirl June 19, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Agree with WACKISCOTT. Best venue ever! I made the trek all the way from the East Coast and it was totally worth it! Saturday was my first time there and I knew it was going to be great, but it blew away my expectations. I watched the beginning of the set from Row 39 and got to take in all the beauty around the stage and then made my way down to about Row 4 for the rest of the set and got to see the beauty on the stage. It was a magical evening. I don’t think I can possibly pick a favorite GPN show, but this one certainly is towards the top of the list given the venue.