in london’s fair city where the girls are so pretty

March 13, 2013

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Laney111 March 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I WANT THE SETLIST GD IT!!! :)

2 Laney111 March 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Oh, yeah, but totally awesome!!! Please God of TIS post everything you can find. :) HEARTS, Peace and cute kitties. :P

3 eric March 13, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Mad as a hatter mind indeed

4 NH MAPLE SYRUP MAN March 13, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I told you so!!! When the English set eyes on this band they would go nuts & The young well grounded women from Vermont, USA & all her wonderful band mates would become international stars. How does it feel now??? It makes me feel great because NOW the world has seen what I have, Smiles & Tears of Joy!!!

5 toofarnorth March 14, 2013 at 12:19 am

Anyone’s grandmother would be proud .. not sure I’ve ever heard that before, but there’s a sincere charm about it.

6 Karen March 14, 2013 at 7:35 am

The English know their rock bands.

7 Phil March 14, 2013 at 9:53 am

I know who took that clip, I was stood next to him. Syrup Man, I have known this since I discovered GPN three years ago, I’ve posted many comments urging them to come over here in that time. The promotion of this tour was pretty much non-existent. It didn’t even say they were playing outside the venue. They only released TLTBTB over here on Monday of this week, bizarre. I bought mine from US Amazon when it came out over there. If I was them I would have made sure there were some music journos invited along, I bet there weren’t any there.

But never mind, it was a magic night for all of us distant diehards, and hopefully Grace will be good to her word and follow up on this with some more visits. Me, I am looking forward to doing it again tonight :)

8 Tekawitha March 14, 2013 at 10:18 am

just smiling….WIDELY!

9 Tekawitha March 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

smiling here….WIDELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Phil March 14, 2013 at 11:17 am

Oh yeah, the grandmother comment relates to a story Grace told about Big White Gate, apparently she had an English grandmother who wanted her to live in London, and the song was written for her. I think that was the gist of it, it was all a whirlwind blur last night!

11 barbrabush March 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm

So sad you came in UK and Germany, but didn’t visit your fans in France … I whish I saw you once !
Come visit Paris, we are waiting for you !!!

12 gordiej March 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I bet with the guitars back in the fold the energy coming off the stage was off the charts. American Girl an obvious but still very cool choice to top things off.

13 Phil March 14, 2013 at 7:34 pm

American Girl wasn’t originally on the set list, but it was a great addition. Met Scott and Benny in the tube station entrance after the Thursday gig (seriously!) and they really enjoyed the Bush Hall gig, it was like going back to the old days when they played small gigs. I’ve now got a Bush Hall ticket signed by Grace, Matt, Scott and Benny :)

14 Ross March 14, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Hi Phil, didn’t catch you tonight but sounds like you had an eventful evening!! I had a nice spot at the front and got chatting to another random bunch of Americans so opted to watch the Avett Bros play. The logic being I went to see DMB play at Live Aid 2008 and discovered GPN; so I should go to see GPN and discover some new music, they were lively! Also I figured there would be a crush for the merch table to meet and greet… It was of course the music we came for, and the AB fans around me were well happy with the warm-up!!! Hopefully next time they can headline a bigger venue themselves, perhaps there won’t be as many filming related incidents?!!! AHEM ;p Great to meet a diverse bunch of fans, thanks for everyone who took the time to explain when and how they came across the band, where they had traveled from and why they couldn’t miss these gigs!

15 Ross March 14, 2013 at 9:07 pm

*Farm Aid*… It was a while ago.

16 Phil March 15, 2013 at 5:07 am

I was up front too, queued for an hour to make sure of a good spot. It wasn’t too bad around the merchant table, and I caught up with some of my new friends there. I heard maybe 45 minutes of Avett Brothers, not really my cup of tea. Did I miss something, what filming related incidents were there?

They said they’ll be back later in the year, something to look forward to.

17 Ross March 15, 2013 at 6:09 am

If they didn’t know they were in England they do now, “not my cup of tea”! Indeed AB were different, not as rock n roll as we like it, but they sang a couple of really tuneful acoustic numbers I liked. I try not to have any regrets so have to be happy I stayed to listen, I will just live vicariously through your band meeting story, sounds cool! There are certainly some dedicated super fans out there, Alyssa & Elena come to mind! I may have angered one fan by filming the shaky video above, but hopefully no lasting trauma, said I’d buy them a drink at the next gig, apologies:D Enjoy your Springsteen gig in the Summer & catch you next time!

18 Phil March 15, 2013 at 11:23 am

For sure! I took a mini movie camera with me but couldn’t figure out how to focus the damned thing, lol

19 Karen Chetty March 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Unfortunately, I’d bet there’s a slim chance any tapers captured any of the overseas stuff. Happy to know the band is kicking some international ass though :)