grace and matty’s daytrotter playlist

March 9, 2012

Daytrotter has been rolling out a new feature unsurprisingly called “Playlists”. For those of you unaware, Daytrotter records and distributes music from emerging bands. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals have two Daytrotter sessions to their credit. One from December 2008 and one from September 2011.

Membership to Daytrotter is an astoundingly low $2/month and, if you’re interested in new music, is easily the best $2 you’ll ever spend. In fact, if you buy a membership this month you even get a rockin’ free T-shirt. So, hopefully I’ve convinced you right?

Go listen to Grace and Matt’s playlist and take it from there

What can I say? We all know Daytrotter is fucking great. Sean & his Merry Trotters have colorfully drawn a roadmap for true diggers of music & the sounds they turn out are a lo-fi paradise that makes vintage junkies drool. We rely on Daytrotter for fresh takes from our favorite bands & hidden gems from acts we’ve never heard of. So me & Matty put together this list – and I’m gonna call this Volume 1 since narrowing down the awesomeness is a near impossible task.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Karen March 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm

You would certainly have convinced me if I wasn’t already a member, that’s for sure. You can still get the t-shirt if you buy a membership for someone else.

I love this playlist. It’s surprisingly mellow up to the last song, and wonderfully thrilling to think of them being hand-picked by Grace and Matt.

2 Tedheadone March 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Long time fans might notice that at least 6 of these bands have opened for GPN back in the day. Nice touch.

3 toofarnorth March 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm

TH1, care to share? Only recognize 4 and 1 ‘maybe’.

4 toofarnorth March 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

btw .. there is an awesome drum bit in the middle of the Apollo Sunshine number.

5 Tedheadone March 11, 2012 at 8:01 pm

TFN, Happy to.

Sam Roberts BoA Pavillion Boston, MA 8/20/11
Future Birds Lyric Theater Oxford, MS 5/21/11
Alberta Cross Higher Ground Burlington, VT 12/27/09
Delta Spirit Lollapalooza Chicago, Il 8/5/11
Phonograph Higher Ground 12/28/08
Apollo Sunshine Higher Ground 12/30/06

I was at all of them, except Delta Spirit and recognize it might be stretch. They were on at 2:15 and GPN at 2:30… :-)

6 toofarnorth March 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

Thanks TH1.
My post should have read *and 1 is a maybe*. I was sure of Sam Roberts, Future Birds, & Alberta Cross – Phonograph was the ‘maybe’.
I like your Delta Spirit stretch. :D

7 Saygracenow March 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Interesting Linda. I caught Phonograph in CT. (Toads Place) with GPN the day after the Lincoln Center show. There might have been one more where they opened for them??? The band is managed by you know who!